Illinois DMV help needed!!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Illinois DMV help needed!!
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:05:45 -0000
Listers,

I just found out that here in Nebraska you can not have a title for a car from
out of state put into your name unless its a COMPLETE car!  I took a rolling
chassis down today and was told that I would need to put the engine,
tranny,doors, fenders, bonnet and boot lid on it before I could obtain the
title!

So, when applying for a title in Illinois do you recieve the title at the time
you apply for it or does it arrive by mail several weeks later?  Can the title
be mailed to an out of state address?  Any other quirks about the Illinois
DMV that I should know about?

TIA!!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 4/29/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- Now camber compensated!
1962 TR4 CT288L -- lots & lots of teeny pieces
1962 TR3B TCF1564L
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108
19xx Mayflower (still searching for one)