Re: Illinois DMV help needed!!

To: brad.kahler@141.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Illinois DMV help needed!!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:18:28 EST
In a message dated 99-12-07 15:02:43 EST, brad.kahler@141.com writes:

<<  I took a rolling
 chassis down today and was told that I would need to put the engine,
 tranny,doors, fenders, bonnet and boot lid on it before I could obtain the
 title! >>

Brad,

Sorry I can't help you directly but maybe this will help give you more
background info to sort through Nebraska's DMV rules.

When I bought my TR6 which was not running but had all of its doors, bonnet,
etc.attached, I needed to provide 4 photos (front, back & both sides) plus a
tracing of the Commission Number plus the previous title signed by the PO
before I could get a title in my name.  This is for Pennsylvania.

With digital photo imaging so advanced today, I wonder if anyone ever tried
cut-n-pasting digital snipets of "good" fenders, tops, wheels, etc. to create
a "whole" car, then produce 4 - 3 1/2" x 5" glossy prints and presto...you
have evidence of a complete car.....this message will self destruct after 3
hours!

Good luck,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)