RE: Same wheels as Spit/GT6 ???

To: "'Carter Shore'" <clshore@yahoo.com>, Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>, Ken & Beth <bethken@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Same wheels as Spit/GT6 ???
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:25:24 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Wrong. The Formula Fords had the same bolt pattern because
the early cars used Spitfire wheels. Probably because many
of the early FFs were built by Lotus. They now use centerlock
wheels.
Barry is correct, the Lotus Europa, Spit, GT6, etc...
were the only cars with the 3 3/4 x 4 pattern.

Doug Mitchell