RE: TR3

To: "'Richard Taylor'" <rgt3000@fuse.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3
From: "greg54321@jps.net" <greg54321@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 00:19:39 -0800
Richard,

I used a U-Haul dolly to transport a '57 TR3 from Salt Lake City to Davis, CA
over Thanksgiving weekend.  It was a very tight fit but it does work.  In the
"lessons learned" category, I have some advice:
1. Verify that the dolly is in sound condition before you leave the rental yard
- my dolly's right-hand light did not work and one of the straps was frayed (it
broke in Wells, NV).
2. Make sure the hood/bonnet is properly secured - few things are as
heart-rending as watching a TR3 hood fly off the car, break the windshield,
land on the freeway and slide about 200 feet (My stupidity!!!).
3. Take your time - don't rush yourself.

Good Luck,
Greg