[no subject]

To: <jholekamp@attglobal.net>
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:55:58 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

For 30 odd years I've had a pair of Raydyot driving lights,
about 6
inches in dia., stem mount, which I've always intended to
mount on my
TR4. Until now I've not thought of or seen a good way to do
this. I'd
like to mount the lights without drilling the bumper or over
riders. On
the premise that there are few if any new problems in the
world of
TR's, I wonder if anyone on the list knows of a simple,
elegant way to
mount these lights. Any advice, photos, sketches, etc. would
be very
helpful and welcome.  I also presume that the electricals
will need to
include a relay switch, fuse, dash switch, etc. Advice and
counsel in
this area is also solicited.  Thanks, Jay

Jay

On factory released cars, the lamps were usually fitted on a
badge bar (factory accessory) that was bolted to the front
bumper support bolts. The bar itself had two triangular lamp
supports welded to the bar front face prior to chroming and
the lamp bases fitted into them. As I recall they were
positioned about 3 inches inside the bumper overriders
directly in front of the radiator grille.
Don't ever remember they included relays - but fitting one
anyway would be sensible. Don't think you'll be able to
easily source a badgebar now but it shouldn't be too
difficult to fabricate one out of angle and strip and then
bolt the assembly to the bumper supports.

Jonmac