Control Head revisited

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Control Head revisited
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:04:50 +0000
Thanks to all those who helped with my earlier questions on this subject. I
am now in contact with Keith Thomsen at RealyHealey, who has been of great
help and is sending me the required parts. I noticed in an article in the
TR Registers magazine a felt washer is mentioned that seems to sit in the
alloy block, the one with the "prong", and face the metal base. Keith says
he has never seen this washer before, and he has rebuilt several heads, nor
was it on my unit when I stripped it down. Does it exist?, if it does is it
necessary?. Thanks in advance.

John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
Trinity College
Dublin,
IRELAND.