Re: MO listers

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: MO listers
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:27:24 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "\[unknown\]" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "\[unknown\]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
that's good..cause even tho i do have a complete car, it seems to all be in
various boxes right now. :)

--- David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com> wrote:
> Message text written by larry hooven
> >

> Well it looks like NE is a dead horse...sorry brad, wish i could come and
> play,
> but it also now looks like MO is a good candidate for a new job...so the
> question goes to MO listers or listers recently from MO, as to what the
> rules
> are regarding inspections, having a half assembled car, etc...any
> information
> as to what is required, state taxes, etc that can be put along would be
> welcome
>
> tia
> <
>
> Larry,
>
> If your car is over 25 years old you can get Historic plates for your car
> with out a  safety inspection or an emissions inspection.  You will need
> 1) Proof of insurance
> 2) IDOD (Certification of the car vin number and odometer reading)  This
> cert must be performed by a law enforcement officer or a licensed vehicle
> inspector.
> 3) Title.
> 4) $25
>
> That's all.
>
> A typical law enforcement officer will want to see a complete car but a
> licensed inspector (the gas station guy licensed to inspect cars) may be
> willing to look at your collection of parts and determine that you have a
> complete car.
>
> Dave Massey
> St. Louis, MO

=====
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright