Re: TR-8 John Rossi

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-8 John Rossi
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:33:49 -0500
JRossi727@aol.com wrote:

> Wow thanks for all the replies.  Some history.  The owner purchased the car.
> And yes it has been sitting awhile.  When he attempted to start the car.
> Carbs where flooding so bad.  He have to change the oil two times. Gas
> running right to the oil pan.  He got the car to run by injecting fuel into
> the carbs.  The work I have done is.  Remove and rebuild carbs.  Have done
> alot of stromberges carbs.  So I know the adjustment was in the ball park.
> AND NOT TO RICH to lite the converts up to cherry RED.  Why doesn't anyone
> think. That the converters are stopped up? I have seen many late models MGB
> with stopped up converter.   John

John, as much as I hate to admit this for fear of being shamed off the list,
many,
many years ago I owned a Fiat.  Like that '8 you've got, the Fiat featured the
'Coleman-stove' type catalytic converter.  Pulled it off in favor of a straight
pipe
in the days when that wasn't considered a cardinal sin.  Converter was plugged
up near
solid with ash-like debris. FWIW.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars