Re: A certain old Standard and another old Triumph

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, british-cars@autox.team.net, 2000-Register@autox.team.net, Spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A certain old Standard and another old Triumph
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:26:24 EST
In a message dated 99-12-09 15:31:02 EST, jonmac@ndirect.co.uk writes:

<< I'm not ashamed to admit there was a sniff
 in my nose and a pricking behind my eyes. A lovely old man
 who had clearly had a very happy day. I think we all need to
 be reminded from time to time that what may be small
 pleasures for us - are very major ones for others. >>

John,

After many dialogues with you on the List and reading your book "In The
Shadow of my Father", I wouldn't have expected anything less from you for
this gentleman.

How good it is to hear of these human kindnesses and especially sweet to hear
of them connected to our LBC heritage!

I just accepted a job offer from a company which has a cluster of employees
based in London so, needless to say, I'll be bidding for an opportunity to
travel there asap - and of course plan a few side trips to my favorite
Triumph museums and archive hutches:)

Thanks again for sharing your story...

Chip

Chip Krout