Re: TR6 Medallion self destructs!

To: SpeedSites@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Medallion self destructs!
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:20:15 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I missed the beginning of this thread (got chucked off the list again!).
But, if the question was about what the 72 badge was like, both my 72's
(71 build year) had the cloissine/enamel badge.

Joe Burlein

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:43:24 EST SpeedSites@aol.com writes:

> FWIW-
>
> I have a 69 TR6, and the badge would appear to be (more expensive)
> Cloisinne.
> I had never bothered to study it that close before! Cloisinne is a
> process
> where they lay out a metal surface in relief (probably molded pot
> metal), and
> then pour in laquer. It hardens and you then have some jewelry, a
> little work
> of art, or a TR6 emblem (both!).
>
> I don't know about the later cars- perhaps comeone else wil post
> about the
> 1972 badge.
>
> Later-
>
> Rod Pyle
> 69 TR6
> 57 Austin Healey (boxed)

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.

Why pay more to get Web access?