took my tr4 to the shop!

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: took my tr4 to the shop!
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:37:00 -0800
Hi everyone
On with the saga of the 40 degree tr4
Everyone was right about it being the cam! Thank you very much.
Its going to cost me $210 to get the cam degreed
I also need a new voltage regulator and wiring all around
I understand the harness is around $220 but the mechanic wanted $375 for
labor on installation
Once he does all this he wants $100 to tune the carbs, check valves, check
ignition, and just tune the engine as best he can.  I just dont feel right
about everything but i went ahead with:
cam degreeing
new voltage regulator
tune everything.

he estimates $350 to $400max

Alright everyone feel free to tell me how much im getting ripped off
I just dont feel good about the degreeing being $210 but thats fine with me.
the wiring in the car was done by a friend and alot of its temporary but it
works.  I do want to go to a factory harness but $375 for labor on
installation!?  tuning strombergs checking points valve clearances crap like
that i feel okay paying $100 but I know some of you will hate me for it.

The list of things to do were crazy long
I understand I cant skimp but i was looking at $1300
Anyone out there in the orange county ca area that wants to install a wiring
harness for me for less than this guy?
Anyone out there that wants to just help me get this car running correctly
so I dont die on the freeway for some extra cash?
im just a KID!!!
hehehe
David Lee