Help with brake Caliper rebuild

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with brake Caliper rebuild
From: "Rob Switzer" <rswitzer@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:26:08 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Has anyone ever tried to rebuild brake calipers?  I bought a Brake caliper
rebuild kit from VBL part# 7-640 for my 69 GT6+.  I have been unable to
install the new rubber boots with the metal clip ring.  I can easily put the
old ones on, but they have cracks in the rubber.  The new ones are made a
little different and of course they didn't come with instructions.  I tried
heating the boots by putting them in very hot water first with no luck.  It
looks like if I split the caliper it might be a little easier, but I'm not
sure if that would break a seal that would never seal again.  I'm ready to
give up and buy rebuilt calipers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rob