RE: Help with brake Caliper rebuild

To: rswitzer@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Help with brake Caliper rebuild
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:50:34 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Rob
I had a similar problem not too long ago with the VB kit. Spent the better
part of a week of evenings struggling with it. Eventually I ordered the kit
from Moss (had the Girling name on the little box, though it was probably
built by someone else) and it went right in like it was supposed to. It did
come with instructions. The dust boot material from the VB kit seemed to be
more of a plastic than a rubber and didn't have the stretch and give, and
the piston holes weren't perfectly round. Oh, and try to avoid splitting the
caliper. It'll take longer and be more trouble than its worth if you don't
have the right parts to reassemble it. I'm not bashing VB...just their brake
kit. Try a different kit. Lubricate with brake fluid and try again. You
might be suprised at how easy it really turns out to be.
Good luck.
Mark