Re: TR3 help

To: Richard Taylor <rgt3000@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 help
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:33:12 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Richard Taylor wrote:

> I bought one of Brad's TR3A projects.  I need help in the removal of the
> stubborn bolts in the rear fenders.  The large screws along the trunk edge
> will not budge (yes I am turning them the correct way).  Any suggestions?

Heat 'em up.  Make sure nothing explosive / really flammable is not close
by (have a garden hose handy for stuff ya miss).  Use propane, or even
better, the oxy-acetylene torch (you *will* need one if you've got one o'
Brad's projects)

Granted the paint will get wrecked, but you will save a lot of fuss.
Watch that smoke... and don't you dare do this inside.

Once the screws are loose, put them back in so that the fender doesn't
fall off when you get the last one in.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm