TR3 help

To: rgt3000@fuse.net
Subject: TR3 help
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:13:31 -500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rick,
On mine, I had to take a grinder and remove the heads entirely. I do believe
I will replace with actual bolts when the time comes. I also had to grind off
the heads of the bolts at the back of the fender - I think there are three -
below the tail light. Once the others are all off, you can flex or bend the
fender outwards to get access to do this. After grinding off these heads I
discovered
that the fender has slots, not holes, around these bolts and that the fender
could have been lifted up and off once the chrome trim piece is removed (which
leaves a bit of play between the fender and the back piece). There is a
possibility
that this is different on my car and yours though, as some body changes occurred
at ~TS60000. The next problem then is that these bolts go into captive nuts
that are totally enclosed, no access at all.
Good luck,
Jim
TS81417