Re: Virus Warning - HOAX

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Virus Warning - HOAX
From: Stéphane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:36:33 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello listers,

This is a HOAX, please do not send an e-mail to everybody that you know!
This will only bug down the mail servers!

When you receive E-mail like this one, before forwarding it to everybody you
know and scare the S*** out of them for nothing, please visit  the following
site http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html and enter the name of the
virus listed in the e-mail. It will tell you if it is real or a hoax.

This is not the first time that I receive that one.  The first time was
about 8 months ago (yep, even if it says it was announced yesterday!).  The
problem is that these e-mails go around in a circle.  They scare people and
they use a lot of bandwith as everybody forward them to everyone they
know!!! (That's why they always come back to you a few months down the
road!)

These type of e-mails and the one that promise you money or big gifts ( Like
the one from Bill Gates or the Free Car from Honda!) if you send their
e-mail to everybody you know are almost as bad as SPAM!  So, please verify
viruses at this link http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html or the
website of the company featured for the money/gifts (they will usually have
a notice saying that it is not true).

Please, do not encourage those practices
Thanks

P.S.  John, this is not an attack to you, I used to do the same thing before
I found out what was going on.

Just trying to make the net a better place!

Steph
71 TR6 CC59683 (Just about to be taken apart!!!)

Here's the address again to check if a virus is real or just a hoax