Re: TR 3 transmission

To: "USER" <pairets@luna.moonstar.com>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR 3 transmission
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 99 17:36:13 -0800

>Would someone be kind enough to tell me if other triumph transmissions will
>work in my 3. And are any modifications necessary. Thanks Tom

TR4 Transmission.  You need to elingate the rear mount holes about 1/2
inch & use the TR3 shifter.  I have one in my TR3.

TR6 Transmission. You will need to flatten a flange in the frame
crossmember, & make other minor modifications in the rear mounting.  This
is the strongest of the family.  I have seen two installed.  I think the
TR3 shifter works on this one too.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.