Wire Wheels for TR-3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Wheels for TR-3A
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:58:48 -0800
     Things follow me home. I have recently acquired 8 original wheels for
my TR-3A. All are 48 spokes. At present, I have steel wheels on the car (2
TR-4 wheels, 2 TR-3 wheels and one TR-2 wheel). I've got questions:

1. Is it worth the trouble to true up the original wheels and keep using
them or is it just a pain and should I go to 60 spokers, bite the bullet
financially and get it over with?

2. In addition to the wheels, I got 4 nearly unused hubs and 8 knock offs
(all for free!). I also got one worn hub that I intend to use to make a
truing stand. Does anyone have a proven design for a truing stand? I found
the truing instructions on the SOL website.

3. I've heard that the Dayton wire wheels are heavy. Is that a consideration
about whether to keep using the original wheels?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA
     1960 TR-3A TS 72747 LO
     1961 TR-3A TS 75407 L