Re: Crane XR700 in TR3A

To: Andy Dixon <amdixon@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Crane XR700 in TR3A
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:24:56 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Andy,
If your coil uses internal ballast resistance, you don't need to add any
external ballast.

Al Bosch Blue coils and Lucas coils have internal ballast resistance,
according to Crane's documentation.

If you are not sure, measure the resistance across the coil terminals
and if it reads 3 to 4 ohms, you are fine without any external ballast.
If it is substantially less that 3-4 ohms, add an external ballast with
1.2 to 1.9 ohms of resistance.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--