Re: Crane XR700 in TR3A

To: gprtech@frontiernet.net
Subject: Re: Crane XR700 in TR3A
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:42:23 -0500
Cc: amdixon@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:02:37 +0000 George Richardson
<gprtech@frontiernet.net> writes:

>A TR3A also has a starter button.
>
>I've put one in my TR3. I didn't use a resistor, since the standard
>setup
>doesn't have one.
>
>Andy Dixon wrote:
>
>> Has anyone done this? I'm sure one of you has.
>>
>> I'm assuming I need to put a resistor in the line somewhere? All the
>wiring
>> diagrams appear to be for a TR2 and shows a separate starter push
>button
>> rather than the single ignition switch setup.
>>
>> Anyway, If someone has done it, I'd appreciate any pointers.
>>
>> I know the concours crowd is screaming Blasphemy and I apologies to
>you
>> guys, what can I say, I'm a Heretic and I love to drive.  To each
>his own.
>>
>> Andy

One of the things I really loved when I had my TR3A back in the early
60's was the starting routine.....using only the right hand, I'd pull the
choke out a little with my pinkie and ring finger.....ignition key was
grasped and turned by knuckles of my index and middle fingers,  while the
thumb was used to mash the starter button.....ROAR and feel the torque
rock the car......Somehow I always wanted to say "Pull the chocks!"  You
sure you want to give that up for an Crane ignition?     Phil Bacon,
72TR-6

Why pay more to get Web access?