Re: What is the world coming to???

To: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: What is the world coming to???
From: "Dorothea J. Ochs" <dochs@greenapple.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:18:20 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Driving the Doretti is great! They call it an MG a lot. Finally frustrated,
I put a blow up of the Doretti badge on the side . Now with the prancing
dragon on the front fender it gives it the Ferrari flair. Given that the
early fifties Ferrari served as some of the infuence for the design, I felt
putting the badge on was not all that unethical. Still they insist on
calling it the MG. Torn not really wanting it remembered as on of them, I
finally Broke down and put the "TRIUMPH GLORY STILL EXIST" smack dab in the
middle of the windshield. Still they walk/drive by and hollar nice MG.
   I really think the only thing we can do is make up pocket car
encyclopedias and when the passerby shows his lack of knowledge, you pull it
out and insist that he buys it from you. Explaining to him very frankly why
he should buy it:---"#1 you will be compensating me for the pain and anguish
you caused me to feel buy making such an insulting comment. and at the same
time raising the level of your intelegence on the subject of automobiles
therin quite possibly in the future when you go to make a comment about a
persons car you won't come across as ignorant jerk."

(To tell the truth at one of the vintage races I parked in the Ferrari coral
and the Ferrari guy (The only one there) thought it was really a Ferrari).

T.R. Householder

At 09:12 PM 12/16/99 -0800, you wrote:

>I love it!
>Wow, now I can see the average smo pegging a GT6 for a MG GT or maybe a TR3
for an MG A since there are some general similarities but this one takes the
cake.

>Perhaps this guy went to the Ferrari/TR3 show too and wasnt going to have
the wool pulled over his eyes again.