Re: Gaps Between "Build & Dispatch"

To: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gaps Between "Build & Dispatch"
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 00:06:35 EST
In a message dated 12/20/99 7:29:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Chip19474@aol.com writes:

<< I just got my Build Certificate for the Spitfire.....interesting
observation
 - the time lapse between build date (11/18/69) and dispatch date (11/25/69)
 ... 7 days .... is pretty quick turnaround compared to my TR6 which had a 5
 month lapse between build (7/76) and dispatch (12/76).

 I guess the Spit's were selling fast in the fall of 1969 with no traditional
 summertime factory strikes to slow down shipments to the states!!??

Chip
Thats a pretty short gap between build and dispatch - maybe yours was
one of the last cars they needed to fill the ship :-)
My early 73 TR6 (CF870U) was built 10 Oct 72 and dispatched 30 Nov 72.
I recall comparing this gap with another early 73 TR6 owner and his
had an earlier build date, and correspondingly lower commission #,
but was "dispatched" over a month AFTER mine was !
Could this be beacuse mine was red and his was white (i think) ?
Who knows. This may be one of those Triumph things for which there
really is no logical explanation.
Cheers
Jack Mc