slave cylinder push rod

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: slave cylinder push rod
From: HarvoC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:23:53 EST
Listers:
 I am entering my first winter with a TR6 here in Connecticut.  The shifter
has become a bit tough moving into reverse gear.  I took a look at the travel
distance on the slave cylinder push rod, thinking that might be the problem.
The distance it moves when the clutch pedal is depressed is only about 1/2
inch.  Is this right?  The clutch pedal still feels the same - fairly low as
it has always been and 1 through 4 gears are fine (no overdrive).

Harvey Cohen
71 TR6 CC67240
New Haven, CT