TR3/Revington kits/seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3/Revington kits/seats
From: David.Griffiths@veths.no
Date: 22 Dec 1999 13:57:43 -0000
Dear Listers,

Just received a catalogue from Revington TR. My, my, lots of goodies there.
Successfully resisted the temptation to buy TRT9003 Gunner style flying
jacket with champagne wool (£200+), for example. But a few questions as to
their products.
1. Seats. I was told by one source that TR3 seats and trim were originally
of leather but RTR state that "early TR2's had leather roll trim covers and
seat faces. Subsequently up until TR4A leather faced seats were an option.
In any event the only part which was leather was the face of the cushion
and back rest". Anyone have an opinion here?
2. Steering. They have a kit TRT3075 improved steering box top cover with
spring to remove unwanted slop from steering. Anyone used this and if so,
opinions as to effectiveness?
3. Behind seats. On TR3's without extra rear seat, how was the rear of the
cabin finished, ie, what separated the cabin from the boot?

Thanks and Happy Christmas
Dave