Re: TR3/Revington kits/seats

To: David.Griffiths@veths.no
Subject: Re: TR3/Revington kits/seats
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:35:24 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Dear Listers,
>
>Just received a catalogue from Revington TR. My, my, lots of goodies there.
>Successfully resisted the temptation to buy TRT9003 Gunner style flying
>jacket with champagne wool (£200+), for example. But a few questions as to
>their products.
>1. Seats. I was told by one source that TR3 seats and trim were originally
>of leather but RTR state that "early TR2's had leather roll trim covers and
>seat faces. Subsequently up until TR4A leather faced seats were an option.
>In any event the only part which was leather was the face of the cushion
>and back rest". Anyone have an opinion here?

This is what I have been led to believe, both from this list and from
Roadster Factory catalogues.

>2. Steering. They have a kit TRT3075 improved steering box top cover with
>spring to remove unwanted slop from steering. Anyone used this and if so,
>opinions as to effectiveness?

But I LIKE my steering slop!   No, seriously, I'll be interested to
hear what people have to say about it.  Not having had my steering
box apart yet, I can't even picture how it might work.

>3. Behind seats. On TR3's without extra rear seat, how was the rear of the
>cabin finished, ie, what separated the cabin from the boot?

On mine it is a panel, similar in construction to the door panels --
a piece of thin plywood or fibreboard with some foam and vinyl glued
on.  The top part of it is made of aluminum and grafted onto the
fibreboard, as it has a little bit of a roll to it to angle back and
tuck under the "H-deck".  From looking at the TRF catalogue, early
TR3s may have one with an angle while later, 3As, may have one with a
roll.  Difficult to tell exactly from the illustration.

>Thanks and Happy Christmas
>Dave

To you as well!

Dan