TR6 Poll: Bearing Knock

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Poll: Bearing Knock
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:45:43 -0500
Hi kids:

I imagine I ought to be doing something more familial on Christmas Eve,
but to
heck with the family -- I see them all the time, don't I??

Today's question is about bearing knock.  Mostly because I have some on
my '72 TR6 engine, at start-up and then again at hot idle, where the oil
psi is about 20-25 pounds.  The bearing knock at hot idle disturbs me,
and has me contemplating at least a bottom end rebuild, but I was
wondering if others experience the same thing.

And Merry Christmas, everyone.  Hope you find a short block under the
tree!

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6