Re: TR4 Speakers Installation

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 Speakers Installation
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 16:12:27 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "INTERNET:CarlSereda@aol.com" <CarlSereda@aol.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, David Massey wrote:

> I did the same thing on my TR6 but I had no problem with the hood stick
> cover since the TR6 hasn't got one, ya see.  Still can't hear it at speed
> with the hood in the down position.

Get an amplifier.  Even 50 watts will be enough.  I have an 80W unit (in
the trunk), with a pair of 45/90 (nominal/max) 6" round speakers in the
fiberboard thingie.  At speed, with a bunch of big holes in the exhaust
system, I still had clear, undistorted (very loud!) sound.

With the holes fixed in the exhaust I now have "adequate" volume to hear
whatever I like.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm