TR4 Speakers Installation

To: "INTERNET:CarlSereda@aol.com" <CarlSereda@aol.com>
Subject: TR4 Speakers Installation
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 18:43:25 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:CarlSereda@aol.com

This might be Triumph-Standard sacraligious - but 20 years ago I cut two
big
holes and installed flush surface mounted Jensen coaxial 6"x9"s in the
fiberboard panel in the back seating area just in front of the gas tank on
my
TR4. There is just enough cavity space in the lower two corners between the

gas tank and body metal (with a little bending of a sheet metal lip). The
speakers and flat finishing grilles stick out about 1 inch forward of the
fiberboard panel so when I tuck in the hood sticks COVER (cover corners
have
6x9 corner notches cut out) everything finishes up FLUSH and looks like
factory installed! The real benefit is I haven't lost any space on the back

porch area and the speakers look like a pain to steal if they are at all
even
noticed hiding there!
<

I did the same thing on my TR6 but I had no problem with the hood stick
cover since the TR6 hasn't got one, ya see.  Still can't hear it at speed
with the hood in the down position.

Dave