Re: TR4 Speakers Installation

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: TR4 Speakers Installation
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 09:35:25 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "INTERNET:CarlSereda@aol.com" <CarlSereda@aol.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Malcolm Walker
>Get an amplifier.  Even 50 watts will be enough.  I have an 80W unit (in
the trunk), with a pair of 45/90 (nominal/max) 6" round speakers in the
fiberboard thingie.  At speed, with a bunch of big holes in the exhaust
system, I still had clear, undistorted (very loud!) sound.

With the holes fixed in the exhaust I now have "adequate" volume to hear
whatever I like.

-Malcolm
<

TNX.  I've been thinking about just that for the TR8 that is my current
project, but the TR8 is a quieter car to begin with.  But I don't want one
of those "THUMP THUMP one note bass" sound systems that are so popular
these days.  The only thump thump I want to hear is the thump of autocross
cones passing under the car.  ;-)

Dave