Re: LUCAS oil filters !!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject: Re: LUCAS oil filters !!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 19:41:23 -0800
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, brit cars <british-cars-owner@autox.team.net>
Don Kerr wrote:

> Like I said.....the VW Beetle runs 100,000 plus with NO oil filter so
> your premise, Randall, like his absence of data on filtration,(which he
> explains) is based on a personal opinion. Right?

Don, yer absolutely right.  It's only my personal opinion that when
comparing oil filters, how well it works is more important that how good
it looks when you cut it open.

And BTW, everyone I know that has gotten 100K miles from a bug motor has
used an oil filter ... of course, your mileage may vary <g>

> I'm not knocking Randall, I'm pointing out these are observations,
> founded on findings.This is like
> Quantum Mechanics.....if you know where it is, you don't know how fast
> it's going,and if you know how fast it's going, you don't know where it
> is. .........Randall? The question now is....If Randall had run a "good"
> filters, that performed really well, how much longer would Randalls
> vehicles have run, and if he had, where would they be now?  :->

Right where they are, sitting in my driveway.  (Well, except the TR3,
which is on jackstands receiving a new throw-out bearing <g>)

>  PS. Does LUCAS make oil filters,

Don't know.

> and would you use them?

Not unless I saw credible evidence that they were appreciably better
than Fram ...

Cheers, Happy Humbug, an aw' that
Randall