TR6--original wheels in alloy?

To: canada@voyageronline.net
Subject: TR6--original wheels in alloy?
From: "Jim Hill" <uprr1869@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 13:34:59 CST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Ian wrote:

>Does anyone make the original perforated TR6 road wheel in alloy?  This
>will
>sound odd to those who think minilites are the ultimate in TR6 wheels, but
>I'd like to retain the original TR6 look in a stronger, lighter wheel.  The
>dream is to have sets of both original looking alloy and wire wheels for my
>'76 . . .

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for. If it's an exact
duplicate of the TR6 pressed/perforated steel wheels, except made from some
other alloy (aluminum? magnesium? Kryptonite?), then I'm not aware that such
an item has ever been produced. Someone else may.

Moss UK produces the pressed steel TR6 wheels in various widths, but not
from alloy.

You can also get "minilite-type" or Panasport alloy wheels in a knock-off
hub configuration so that you can interchange your sets of alloy and wire
wheels . . .

Jim Hill
Madison WI