Re: fuel efficiency of the third kind...

To: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Subject: Re: fuel efficiency of the third kind...
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:02:02 -0500
Cc: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>, John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Don Kerr

Is some one shorting you at the pump ? Or were you the guy with
the Viva??????
A long time ago we had a customer who kept all the bills and receipts
for gas and oil.Every fill was to the 1/10 of a gallon.He was impossible
to please and he came to us from ALL another shops in town and regailed
us with over an hour as to what he'd been through at the hands of all
these other crooks, some of whom had been in business for 20 plus years.
We told him we would do the best to improve his milage and took on the
work.We got the Vauxhall Viva running well as we could and off he went.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Snip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
,,,,the devise was 2 gallons of gas every 200 miles or about every week
and a half.Best advertizing we ever bought.
            VIVA LVCAS              .............DK.
<

Some comedian on this side of the pond said he had a neighbor who bought a
VW (in the early days of VW) and was an insufferable braggard about the gas
milage so for two weeks he slipped an extra gallon of gas into it each
night.  The neighbor raved about his milage.  Then for the next two weeks
he siphoned out a gallon each week.  Now the neighbor was at the dealer
raising holy h**l about the milage.

Joke #2
A man takes his VW to the dealer complaining that he is not getting as good
a gas milage as his friends who own VW's.  The dealer said to do what his
friends do - lie.

Dave