Triumph to the rescue! A short Story

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph to the rescue! A short Story
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 05:17:20 -0800 (PST)
Hello all!
Happy Holidays and all that...

I hopped into my '93 Civic ("appliance" car) yesterday
morning, turned the key and it refused to fire...
first time ever! So I hopped in the truck to get work,
came home and had a chance to troubleshoot the Honda.
Decided it neede a fresh battery. Just for fun, I
thought I'd try to fire up the GT6+.

Now, it's been in the low teens here in Mid-Michigan,
so I really didn't expect it to start. But 5 pumps to
the fuel pump lever, out with the choke, and by golly
the little creature fired up! I had to run into the
house and tell my wife! Boy was she impressed--NOT!
Actually she said "ooh, you're gonna drive that thing?
You'll freeze!" She didn't realize that the GT6 was
really designed as a cold weather car whose cockpit
stays just below boiling all year round!

Anyway, I drove almost an hour round trip to the store
to get a new battery for the Honda. Now it starts too!

Of course, expecting 1 to 3 inches of snow today, I
left the Triumph in the garage. The roads were dry
last night and I'll be grinning for a week!

Cheers!
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ KC81718
http://messenger.yahoo.com