Re: Where has this century Gone!

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where has this century Gone!
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 99 13:56:24 -0800
> Complete Chevy V-8 (265 ci) for $125.00)
> Triumph Carburetors for TR2, 3 and 4's for $38.95 ea.  (Herald carbs for
> $29.50 ea.)

If you really want something to cry over, get hold of late sixties Road &
Track then look in the cars for sale section at the back to see what the
no longer competitive race cars were going for.  A few thousand dollars
would have picked up a no longer competitive V12 racing Ferrari.  Or you
could pick up an old clunker D type Jag on the cheap.

A person I worked with in '68 picked up a '56 Astin Martin DB3S for $350.
 It belonged to a kid that choose Canada to the draft.  His Father sold
it to get more garage space.  The new owner used it as a commute car in
good weather.  The generator was bad so he would park it under my opening
window & run an extension cord out to the charger when he drove it to
work.

In '67 I looked at a Fiat Arbarth that was for sale for $1500.  Nice read
double bubble car. I passed it up because I didn't know enough about
mechanics then to keep it in good running order.

One era's clunker is another era's classic

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.