The Roadster Factory demise

To: twakeman@cruzers.com
Subject: The Roadster Factory demise
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:02:13 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

I'm not one prone to bash TRF as they have provided me with lots of quality
parts for my TRs over the years.  However, since July of this year I have been
waiting for TRF to apply a refund for returned goods to my credit card.  I last
talked to them a week ago and all I could get from them was that they have not
processed it yet and could not give me any estimate when they will.  However
after reading the TRF flyer, I couldn't agree more with the below comments.  I'm
so glad to see that someone else has enough business savvy to observe a business
without sound financial and capital investment.  I would like to see Runyan turn
this around but if he continues to invest in gas masks, university school desks,
a pub, etc. instead of TR inventory, retooling, etc. the following comments are
prophetic.  Maybe Charles forgot that the focus of our hobby is the CAR!  "It's
the car, stupid!".  I wager that the only fantasy most of us share is having our
TR's back on the road and cruising down the highway with the top down.

At least we still have Moss and VB.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, California
1970 TR6 PI CP51649

If you read the recent intro to the TRF
TR6-250 parts flyer.... you can see that Charles Runyan is in way
over his head with debt and doesn't have the money to buy
inventory for the popular fast moving stuff.

Unfortunately this is exactly what I expected when I learned that the
owner of a low margin mail order parts house was going to put the company
profits into building an English style pub instead of reinvesting it in
inventory.

I hope Charles is enjoying his fantasy of being a WWII English pub owner.
 And I hope it is self supporting when his parts business folds.

It's sad to see the best TR parts house in the US scuttled by its owner.