voltage regulator and header questions

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: voltage regulator and header questions
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:02:48 -0800
Hi everyone

Thanks to everyone that filled me in on the connections for the generator.
I have a new question regarding the matter.
The generator seems to be working fine but when I drive my ammeter likes to
wind up to 30 amps at around 3000 rpm.
This is a brand new voltage regulator I had put in about two weeks ago for
the same reason.  Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?  Im
sure the ammeter isnt broken.

Another question regarding my headers.  After driving around for about
twenty minutes I came home and took a look under the hood.  No oil leaks
thanks to Justin Wagner but my headers were glowing hot.  I guess it had
been this way everytime I drove it but I never noticed since it was always
bright out.  I should have realized this since the header had been pinkish
from the heat.  The engine wasnt overheating and the temp gauge put me at
around 75 degrees C.  Is this because Im running too lean?  I always thought
I was running too rich since my mileage was so terrible. But Im told running
rich doesnt heat up the header like this.  Could improper cam timing also be
the culprit?  Just guessing since Im really just a novice with cars.

One good note as I was driving around I was stopped by an older lady in a
suburban who commented on my car.  She said that her husband used to drive
one long ago.  Made both of us smile.

Thanks in advance and Im almost ready to drive around with the rest of
you!!!
David Lee