voltage regulator and header questions

To: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Subject: voltage regulator and header questions
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:36:45 -0500
Cc: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "David Lee"

Hi everyone

Thanks to everyone that filled me in on the connections for the generator.
I have a new question regarding the matter.
The generator seems to be working fine but when I drive my ammeter likes to
wind up to 30 amps at around 3000 rpm.
This is a brand new voltage regulator I had put in about two weeks ago for
the same reason.  Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?  Im
sure the ammeter isnt broken.<

Dave,

1) Check the  Earth connection to the regulator

2) The regulator could be bad.  I've installed "new" regulators that were
no good.

Good luck

Dave M