Re: Wire Wheel Adapter Removal

To: Brent Smith <bsmith@inetnow.net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Adapter Removal
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:57:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Brent Smith wrote:

> I'm going to repack the front bearings and replace the grease seals on my
> '60 TR3A and need to remove the wire wheel adapters to get at the bearing
> nut.  I can vaguely remember doing this a number of years ago, but this time
> I cannot seem to stop the disc from turning while I'm trying to loosen the
> adapter nuts.   Does anyone out there have a slick way of doing this?
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Have a Lovely Assistant stand on the brake pedal while you undo the nuts!

Won't work if the brake calipers are off though ;-)

Don't take the nuts right off either, just crack them enough to allow you
to finish the job.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm