Re: Wire Wheel Adapter Removal

To: Brent Smith <bsmith@inetnow.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Adapter Removal
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 19:29:15 -0500
Just did it myself about 10 minutes ago...Clamp the rotor to the dust shield
using vise grips. I used a couple of flat washers between the jaws of the
vise grip and the car parts so I wouldn't scratch or gouge anything. Worked
like a charm. Holds well enough for the torque required to tighten the
nuts...about 45-50 lbs as I recall (the torque values are starting to all
look alike - been at this WAY too long!). Good luck.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L