Re: Dual master cylinder

Subject: Re: Dual master cylinder
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:46:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Barry :

THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOUR BRAKES !

I've have partial hydraulic failure several times on cars equipped with
dual circuit brakes, and every time they have worked as intended.  If
your pedal goes completely to the floor when bleeding, there is
something wrong (bad PDWA perhaps ?).  I've also wrecked a TR3A (which I
subsequently lost, but that's another story) because of hydraulic
failure.  If I had had dual-circuit brakes, I would still have that car.

There are certainly still single points of failure in a dual system
(starting with your right leg <g>) but far fewer than in a single
system.

Randall