Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph

To: "Bob Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>, "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph
From: Jochen.Saal@t-online.de (Jochen Saal)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:28:35 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
All,

I also did some investigations on a BMW inline six, however the size is not
the problem. It's the design of the oil pan that doesn't fit. I recently had
the new 3.0 Z3 for a weekend and of cause, I checked the engine. BMW use a
different oil pan, similar to our TR6. I think, from what I see, this engine
should fit. I am currently in contact with BMW to figure out whether the Z3
oil pan can be used on a older 2.5l engine block (easy to get from a scrap
yard).
Unfortunately, I do not have a response yet. But I am pretty sure that they
didn't change the bolt pattern on the six cylinder blocks. The 5 speed
gearbox would be perfect for the car!

Jochen Saal
Munich (Octoberfest Town in 2 weeks!)
Germany