Still Grinning!

Subject: Still Grinning!
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 01:46:33 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I too would like to take this moment to thank the list, with special thanks
to Fred and Randall as well. If I ever come up with an appropriate
expression of my gratitude that does not run too long to post --- you'll all
be the first to know.

I had the 3 out for a great little drive today. I've probably logged
somewhere near 800 miles since the restoration by now --- hard to tell since
the odometer stopped once we hit 10. I was coming home late afternoon on a
stretch of 4-lane freeway that curves through the foothills north of LA.
Very light traffic, lots of lanes, great scenery and road. The air was cool
and the car was running so nicely that you just couldn't help but grin. I
saw some sort of tricked up Boxter ahead of me (chromed roll bar seats etc)
and was working hard to try to catch up to it through the hills. My luck
changed when he got trapped behind some slow traffic in the left lane, so I
flat out jumped on it and came around passing on the right. This got his
attention! We both went roaring along for awhile (with me still holding the
lead) when I saw him move over to head for another freeway. I slowed to let
him catch me -- lots of thumbs up all the way round -- and signaled him to
find out how fast we were going (another fine feature of my speedo at work,
it never gets higher than about 63)... he held up 8 fingers with a big
grin -- and this was after we had slowed down quite a bit, actually more
than quite a bit.

I think I'm going to really, really, really like this car ;-)... and I
wouldn't even own it without this list. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire
La Canada, CA