TR4 - Radiator Skid Shield Assembly

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 - Radiator Skid Shield Assembly
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 10:02:33 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

My original TR4 had a piece on the front of the frame that
protected the radiator and was used to attach an anti-sway bar
(Radiator Skid Shield Assembly 301644). My current car has
nothing across the front.  I think there should be a radiator
cross member (208639) at the least... as standard.  I know the
skid was an optional thing... Anybody know whether the
crossmember was standard?

I was amazed to see that TRF and Moss show both of them as avail
for about $60 for the cross member and $130 for the skid shield.
Before I throw down money for a new part... I was hoping that
some of the listers with parts cars may have one of the skid
shield assemblies available.

The skid shield in the parts catalog is shown with 3 bolt holder
strips that go into the open frame box member... 2 for the sides
and 1 in the back  They would be needed or advice on how to
attach the piece.

Please let know if you are willing to part with one of these and
the price.  Any information on these parts as to their use and
how available they were back in the 60s... would be appreciated.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html