Re: TR3 rear fender screw question

To: Gbouff1@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 rear fender screw question
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 23:37:43 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/2/00 7:02:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Gbouff1@aol.com
writes:

<< I have installed the boot lid on my TR3A and the edge of the lid that
folds
 over hits the heads of the fender screws before it becomes fludh with the
 body.  I used washers between the screws and body.  Can someone who has an
 original car check to see if washers were originally used.  Has anyone out
 there eliminated the use of washers for the same reason?  As always, thanks
 for your responses.

 Gary Bouffard 59 TR3A TS58399

Hi Gary

Not that either of my boot lids are anything like perfect, but I think you
perhaps need to lose the washers. There are not supposed to be any in this
application. Use loctite if you are concerned about them backing out, which
has never been a problem with any of mine.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4