"you're NOT buying a Jaguar!"

To: "'steven@cravetechnology.com'" <steven@cravetechnology.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "you're NOT buying a Jaguar!"
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:27:03 -0400 charset="windows-1257"
Hi Steve-

RE:My wife saw the magazine and said "you're NOT buying a Jaguar!"

You'll have to do what I did-

Invited my wife to  'Picnics' for several years -i.e. the Jag Club Concours
gatherings in Sept; the big 850 Brit car BOWIE show here in MD. After I
bought the '89 S convertible (in 95)  and then my E-Type V-12-(in 97) and my
'protectiveness' with them- the Lady decided 'she wanted her own.

As an artist she fell in love with the old Roadsters, and the Mark II's -
but wanted a 'turn key power equipted car. So we looked for Series III XJ6's
sedans - then she saw a Coupe. Honey- your not going to find a Coupe- Next
Issue of Hemmings- right in Annapolis- a '76 XJ12C. The Series II's have the
most elegant wood dash, instruments in front of the driver, Tremendous A/C
system . The car was a Solid body, no rust, fully restored interior, good
runner car. Needed paint and some suspension work. I bought it for her
special 27th birthday two years ago.Well, she was 27 when the car was new).
I replaced all the fuel injection hoses and had some suspension work done by
a top notch local shop 'Treasured Motorcars, LTD'. It was meant to be: XJ12
C for Camellia!

The first year she enjoyed driving it to her art studio on weekends, Last
year (ironically on the way home from the Bowie show (105^ day) the cooling
fans stopped- and discovered weakness at the radiator seams as well - I had
to replace the radiator, this year the car's (as we speak) is in the paint
shop. (She's paying for the paint job- a down to the metal proper job). It
will be finished to  concours standards, but a driver.

But she loves to go for rides in the TR, and  softened tremendously with
committment toi the TR restoration
and my afflictions for the British cars!!

'God Bless the wife who has her own'.

Sherman