wiring questions

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: wiring questions
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 07:54:19 -0400
Greetings folks, I have a couple wiring questions pertaining to a 76
TR6. I'm removing the EGR service counter and wanted to make sure that
removing the two wires going to it from under the dash won't interfere
with anything else in the electrical system. Would doing this be OK in
the big picture ? Next question, in looking underneath I found a ring
type lug connector with 2 black wires connected to it just hanging in
midair. This is the type found on the backs of at least one of the
gauges. Does anyone know where this one belongs?? It's located just to
the drivers side of the top of the dash support. I have the motor and
tranny out for a rebuild, so obviosly have lots of things pulled apart,
and put number tape on all the wires I removed but this one has no
marking, and being a ring type connector, couldn't have just fallen off
in the process, which leads me to believe the PO may have been into the
system. Also, I'm thinking of turning the EGR warning light into an O/D
indicator as I saw in the archives. After disconnecting the service
counter I will have remaining the double wire plugs with 2 black wires
in 1 and 2 green/white wires in the other. Can I use the 2 black wire
plug for ground for the light and the green center socket wire as hot
from the O/D circuit (after the O/D switch). Any help is greatly
appreciated.
   Thanks,
                   Kevin