Re: [triumph_herald] Re: Herald question

To: William.M.Davies@motorola.com, triumph_herald@egroups.com, lgmtr6@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Re: Herald question
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:40:40 EDT
In a message dated 10/05/2000 6:08:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
William.M.Davies@motorola.com writes:

> Andy,
>   I believe the padded dash surround was fitted to home market Heralds
>  from very late 1963 or possibly early 64. The non-recessed panel was
>  introduced some time before this during 1963. There may well have been
>  differences for other markets, as the padded dashboard was in production
for
>  use in the Vitesse and 12/50 from 1962,
>   Cheers,
>       Bill.

Bill, from what I've observed over the years it may well have been just the
reverse for the US market, where we appear to have gotten the padded dash
probably by the 1963 "model year" and the non-recessed dash a bit later. Go
figure! But remember, we (US) also had such other luxuries as the temperature
gauge and fuse box fitted as standard equipment on our 1200s, while the home
market did NOT. :-)

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register