another weird difference btw. states & mother country

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: another weird difference btw. states & mother country
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 09:57:02 -0400
How's this: exhaust clamps.

When the sports exhaust arrived from Rimmer, it was missing one
clamp of a pair.  The one that did arrive was stamped 1 3/4
inches, and measures just that between the arms of the U.

Yesterday morning I stopped by the local NAPA to buy another.  It
too was stamped 1 3/4 inches, but was of considerably heavier
construction than the English one, and actually measured 2
inches.  The guy at the counter said, "No mistake," it's
deliberate.  So I bought one marked 1 1/2 inches, and it's an
exact match to the 1 3/4 Brit job.  Go figure.

***

Whoa, and the stainless header fit-kit Rimmer sent for my GT6
contained three studs I couldn't identify.  Turns out they're for
mounting the distributor to the block.  Whats up with THAT?  :-)

--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.  Lead, n.  A metal, useful as
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.      counterpoise to an argument