Gaskets & Such

To: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gaskets & Such
From: Justin Paxton <justin@Bexel.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 19:49:45 -0700
I am in the process of putting my TR3A back together.
Any tips on what to use on various gaskets, specifically the fuel sending
unit.  I am told don't use anything as gas will eat right through it.
How about the differential cover gasket?  Any special spooge I should use
there?  Experience with brand names, sources, and application technique
would be appreciated.
Also I have been advised to use a silver colored product called "Never
Seize" on conical fittings like the hub and axle.  After having to almost
destroy the hub to get it off on a 50,000 press, this is advice I will use.
I wonder if you are supposed to use it on other conical fittings like the
ones in the steering linkages.  Seems like there may be some there that you
wouldn't want to use it on.  Advice???
THX: Justin
'59 TR3A