Electric Oil Pump

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Oil Pump
From: "JC" <jc@gt6.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 15:26:51 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Listers

does anyone out there use an electric oil pump to prime the oil system
before starting?

I just had this thought about a pump, bypass and one-way valve (NRV) in the
oil cooler line.

Thus:

NRV then the bypass loop (with a pressure relief valve) and the pump sited
therein.  As the pump is switched on, it primes the system, against the NRV.
Once oil pressure is registered, switch pump off and start engine.  Higher
engine-driven oil pressure opens pressure relief valve and bypasses the
electric pump.

Apologies for the garbled description - I know what I'm trying to
describe!!!  <g>

Cheers

Jon

GT6 MkII